Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Snow...seriously?

On May 30, it snowed....the temp outside was 38 degrees when I woke up at eight this morning.  The rain in Utah has been a bit frustrating.  I have been afraid of the seeds rotting from all of the water in the ground, not to mention the creek by my house which is way to high for comfort.  This week temperatures will be in the 70s which is good and bad.  The snow up in the mountains will now melt quickly causing more water to come down into the valley.

My peppers seem okay but time will tell.  I'm sure the cold temperature stunted them a bit but hopefully with the warm weather coming the will recover soon.


My okra was having issues too but is still standing strong.

My lettuce on the other hand was like, "no problem!"  of course when the warm weather comes they might have issues ha ha!
To end this short but sweet post is a picture of my favorite tree in my back yard.  This is know as a Golden Chain and it is poisonous.  Eating pods from this tree after it has blossomed could give you an upset stomach, eat enough and you may take the very long nap...and never wake up.  Beautiful yet deadly my favorite combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment