Monday, May 16, 2011

05/16/2011

Tulips are in full bloom, I'm sad they only last during the spring!  Today I bought some perennials to fill in the front yard garden, dug up the rest of the grass in the southern side yard with the hubby, and planted corn.
This is another angle of my front yard garden.  I have bee balm, which I absolutely love but it does tend to take over, a couple of tulips, and the honeysuckle my sister Laura bought me last year.
My lilac is growing slowly but he smells divine, I wish it would bloom all summer.
 Here is the work in progress.  The plan is to put a fire pit in and fill the rest with rock.  On the right I am planting some butterfly bushes and on the left my grapes are starting to bud.  In my herb garden this year I have mint, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and chives.

Grape!
Sugar Snap peas

Here is a picture of my North garden, I have planted soy beans and marigolds so far.
This is a climbing hydrangea, I have two, and I'm pretty excited about them.  I hope they flower this year!

1 comment: