Monday, June 20, 2011

It has been forever since my last post, the warm weather came and I just stopped posting!  So far the garden is doing great, everything is planted and I have just been watching everything grow.  Keeping up on the weeding is my biggest problem especially with all of the rain we have been getting.  The biggest project thus far has been my south garden.  In my next post I will show a couple of pictures, so far all of the grass has been ripped out and the plants have been planted.  All we need now is our fire pit and more gravel and it will be done.  This past week all of my roses are in full bloom, this year I will have fresh roses in the house all year!  My favorites are the pink roses.

So pretty and a beautiful shade of pink.
This bush is a bit taller than me,  about 6 feet tall.

As you can see I have a problem with snake grass, I just can't keep up with it!  Does anyone have suggestions?

I am very excited about all of the veggies I have planted this year.  This is a pole bean, I planted two kinds and I didn't label them because when they are in bloom it is obvious which is which.  This picture is about two weeks old, now they are all quickly growing up my little bamboo tee pees.


This is a fairytale egg plant.  Right now it is growing pretty slow so I hope it speeds up!
Grapes yes!!!!!  I have had my trials with grapes.  The first year my dog ripped all of my grapes out.  The second year they were all to young because I had to start all over again...this year one of my grapes has fruit on it yes!!!!!!!
My potatoes are doing awesome and growing super fast.  tomorrow I will be adding a mound of dirt and there will no longer be holes.  
I planted four Roma tomato plants and they are surrounded by basil.  Last year I made pesto and it was used up pretty quickly so this year I will have a lot more!!  YEAH!

Tomorrow the project is going to be a small fence complete with gate to protect my North garden from my puppy...pictures coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment